Tuesday 8 June 2021

LANDGUARD - 6th June

 Another fine day – sunny and warm with light winds; I walked from Hollesley Marsh up to Boyton Marsh and a bit beyond, there was nothing too different to mention with 4 Sanderling which flew through Hollesley first thing and a Short-eared Owl up near Boyton the only oddities.   

There were of course many Avocets with chicks, Marsh Harriers cruising around, a booming Bittern, at least 6 Cuckoos dotted around, a first-summer Mediterranean Gull and plenty of Reed, Sedge and Cetti’s Warblers.   

I knew there was a Rosy Starling back at Landguard halfway through the morning (typical!), I didn’t hurry back but I managed to time it perfectly as literally when I got back around midday the stunning adult ROSE-COLOURED STARLING was wandering around on the grass in front of the Obs – given the national influx, surely only a matter of time before we got one.   Two Avocets (only the second I’ve seen here) and 4 Mediterranean Gulls flew over in the evening.





Rose-coloured Starling


Short-eared Owl




House Martin




Avocet


No comments:

Post a Comment