Monday 31 August 2015

30th August


A really nice day, sunny with light winds but the morning was very quiet with pretty much nothing on the sea and not much in the nets but the highlight was an Osprey which flew south at lunchtime.   Due to things getting in the way I didn’t get out until late afternoon but there were a few birds inland including a good 20+ Tree Pipits, 9 Spotted Flycatchers, 2 Pied Flycatchers, a Redstart, 22 Crossbills and a Spotted Redshank in Verevågen where there was also a Peregrine tucking in to a freshly killed Redshank.
 
 
 
No pictures from today but here's a few from The Kalahari where I worked for The University of Cambridge collecting behavioural data on Meerkats way back in 2000/2001
 




I knew them before they were famous!


Weighing time

And a Pangolin from when I went back to visit in 2003 (I think this photo was taken by Rik)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment