Wednesday 29 July 2015

29th July


Still nice and calm but unfortunately it rained pretty much all day with only a few windows in the weather to make the most of; with the rain and the light wind in the NE it was predictably waders that were the main focus with my two jaunts out in the rain producing some good totals.   A look in Sevika late morning saw 17 Bar-tailed Godwits (I can’t remember seeing such a big flock here before), 8 Green Sandpipers, 5 Greenshank, 5 Wood Sandpipers, 6 Common Sandpipers, 2 Ruff, 21 Snipe (small flocks appearing from nowhere!), 15 Redshank, 3 Dunlin and yesterday’s Curlew Sandpiper still with a Bonxie alarming everything over Steinodden until the rain drove me back indoors!

                I completed the coast later in the afternoon where there was another good concentration of birds in Verevågen which included my overdue first Spotted Redshank of the year, 27 Redshank, 8 Greenshank, 7 Green Sandpipers, 6 Common Sandpipers, 10 Dunlin, 4 Curlew and another Curlew Sandpiper.
 
I didn't take any pictures today (for a variety of reasons!) so here's a Blue Rock Thrush from Gibraltar a couple of years ago
 

No comments:

Post a Comment