Monday 2 March 2015

TEXAS - Its all over now!

Back now in lovely sunny (almost) springlike Shropshire after a brilliant trip to the US, everything went really smoothly, no problems with any transport (everything was ridiculously easy!) or accommodation (cheap motels were so easy to find!) or driving (I only went to drive on the wrong side once!) and despite boarder patrols and state troopers everywhere along the Mexican boarder none of them saw anything wrong with me wandering around - I suppose I couldn't pass for Mexican even if I tried!

Ended up with 207 species - not bad I reckon for doing no twitching or chasing anything, just general birding trying to find my own stuff; I did go to Aransas hoping to see Whooping Cranes and spent a bit of time at Estero Grande looking for the Grey-crowned Yellowthroat and White-throated Thrush but I was going there anyway!

Here's a few more photographs;

Eastern Bluebird on the BBQ

Blue-winged Teal

Female Northern Cardinal

Savannah Sparrow

Pine Warbler and Yellow-rumped Warbler under the picnic tables at Brazos Bend SP

Pied-billed Grebe

Willet (going to find one of these over here this year!)

Forster's Tern

Laughing Gull

Loggerhead Shrike

Mourning Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment