Sunday 12 June 2016

10th -11th June

A couple of showery days at Spurn didn’t produce too much with a Short-eared Owl floating round Clubley’s and the Triangle, several singing Cuckoos dotted around, two Green Sandpipers on the pond in Church Field (presumably very early returning adults), two 1st summer Little Gulls which dropped onto Kilnsea Wetlands, plenty of baby Avocets scampering around and the first few Swifts heading south.



Short-eared Owl



Avocets


Little Egret getting too close to some of the Avocet chicks!


Cuckoo


Reed Bunting getting himself sorted after a shower


Broad-bodied Chaser

A newly vacated Dragonfly larva cast - probably a Four-spotted Chaser or Black-tailed Skimmer, I'm sure it would be possible to tell if I did some research but I probably won't!

Wall Brown

The rarest thing I found - a Red-necked Footman along Peter Lane, only the second record for Spurn (it hasn't got much of a red neck I know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment