Saturday 5 September 2015

Harriers

There were three harriers out across the fields yesterday afternoon, I spent a few hours watching them and trying to get some pictures and despite their almost supernatural ability to appear over the exact spot I had been standing 15 minutes before I managed some pictures (it really was like they were taking the piss at one stage!)



This first bird is no problem - a stunning juvenile Pallid Harrier









This bird is much more tricky, it was bigger than the Pallid Harrier and identical in build to the Hen Harrier which was also present but it is very orange with a good collar, so I reckon its probably a Pallid x Hen Harrier hybrid?



And finally, terrible pictures I know but how often do you see a Pallid Harrier in a dogfight with a Gyrfalcon!?

No comments:

Post a Comment